A chocolate button a day...

This morning, when the postman handed me a small brown parcel, I wondered whether or not I had forgotten about some strange natural history equipment that I had ordered - a gnat's nether region detector box or possibly an electric shock depth charger for water beetles. When I turned the package over my sender was revealed - 'Haig, Seaton, Devon'. This could mean only one thing - Chocolate Buttons!

For a while now, that Londoner/Devonian has owed me Chocolate Buttons big time. World Wars have been fought over lesser instances of debt. As I feverishly ripped open the brown paper, licking my salivating lips, I had already started to imagine lying on the grass, tipping the whole of the bags contents into my wide open mouth in a homage to Homer Simpson.

Not only was there a bag of buttons - GIANT buttons - but a card addressed to 'Tick Ticker'. It read, 'Please find enclosed well-known cure for Lyme disease. Correct dose is 2 tablets, 4 times a day, but latest research suggests efficacy vastly improved by consuming all the tablets with a single cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy! Gavin'

Such concern amongst the blogger fraternity is humbling. I now feel as if I can bin the antibiotics my GP prescribed in favour of this confectionery medication. Maybe eat them as I watch England stutter win against Ukraine this evening.

Many thanks Gav. I've now called off the heavies...

Comments

Gavin Haig said…
Phew!

Oh, I should have mentioned - these tablets can be addictive...

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"