Senses

I've fallen into a most agreeable state of 'being', here at Dungeness. The warm weather invites the donning of shorts and t-shirt, a symbolic farewell to the cold spring. Birds may be the primary target, but the vegetation is growing before our very eyes and new species are flowering on a daily basis; a good number of butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies are taking to the air to grab our attention; smells and sounds, sights and sites manoeuvre aliteratively for control of our senses. It might be a dramatic sky with puddle formations in the clouds, accompanied by thunder and lightening; maybe the gentle fragrance of the Nottingham Catchfly in sudden, sensory wafts; or a Bee-eater, silhouetted by the morning sun as it circles the old lighthouse, before gaining height to head back out to sea - all seen, heard or smelt over the last 48 hours in the company of others who also seek such things. These are some of the reasons that I return to Dungeness. Its magic continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"