Dude moth ticking

The MV trap didn't produce the egg-cartons full that I hoped for, but never the less, three species were recorded, including an out-and-out lifer. Before you start wondering if I've jammed in on a Levant Blackneck, let me remind you that I'm looking at micros this year, and there are many, many common species that I've yet to record - so that is why Agonopterix heracliana is new. Also last night were Tortricodes alternella and Hebrew Character.


2012 GARDEN MOTH SPECIES TOTAL: 5
(Macro: 2 Micro: 3)

Comments

Flora said…
Where's the photo then?
Skev said…
Just two moths in my garden traps - complete pants considering the conditions!
Jerry said…
Have you got the trap out again tonight Steve? I've submitted several (nailed on for me) Agonopterix heracliana records to Graham Collins, but he has'nt accepted any (even though on one I checked the hindwing also aparently A ciliella is very localised by comparison. I guess he prefers to chop them up. It'll be interesting to see what the new book says - can't wait.
Steve Gale said…
Mel: photos in next post. Bet you can't wait...

Skev: it's the curse of suburbia

Jerry: Graham is a stickler for 100% accuracy which is why he is the recorder no doubt!

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood