Recent garden moths


I've been largely negligent as far as recording the garden moths here in Banstead this year. The MV has rarely been operated, and I don't really know why. However, with the recent heat, and with it the accompanying muggy nights, I have been stung into action. Migrant wise it has been the expected fayre - a few Silver Y, xylostella, ferrugalis and noctuella. Tree-lichen Beauty, White-point, and Jersey Tiger are all present and correct still. A few Maiden's Blush (there has been some forum discussion that some of these might be migrants, but I usually record a few here every summer).

This morning saw the years first Orange Swift (top) and a micro that I have not knowingly recorded before, even though it is very common, Celypha lacunana (left). As always, I am open to correction.

Comments

Stewart said…
Its amazing that you've not had lacunana in the garden before. It is one of ( maybe the) commonest micros here found from May - September in almost every trap.
Steve Gale said…
Stewart, we can put that down to my erratic recording of micros, rather than any true reflection of its status here.

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood