Parsley Water-dropwort


Another flying visit to a site that was gleaned from the CBWPS website, this time the Gannel Estuary. It is long, narrow and as disturbed an estuary as I have come across - I visited at low tide and the ground, being firm underfoot, was invaded by many dog-walkers, horse-riders and hikers, strewn across the open mud as far as the eye could see. Even the wet channels were disturbed. My total of a single Whimbrel and Common Sandpiper spoke volumes...

However, it is obvious that there can be birds here as previous reports prove. My success came from a good salt marsh flora that included Parsley Water-dropwort (above), a species that I rarely encounter. Maybe a higher tide will produce more birds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood

To tell it like it is, or not...