Parsley Water-dropwort


Another flying visit to a site that was gleaned from the CBWPS website, this time the Gannel Estuary. It is long, narrow and as disturbed an estuary as I have come across - I visited at low tide and the ground, being firm underfoot, was invaded by many dog-walkers, horse-riders and hikers, strewn across the open mud as far as the eye could see. Even the wet channels were disturbed. My total of a single Whimbrel and Common Sandpiper spoke volumes...

However, it is obvious that there can be birds here as previous reports prove. My success came from a good salt marsh flora that included Parsley Water-dropwort (above), a species that I rarely encounter. Maybe a higher tide will produce more birds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"