Getting spanked

The 2019 Surrey v Northumberland patch competition has taken a distinct northern upturn over the past couple of months, with Stewart Sexton having had a tremendous September, adding 12 species to his total, bringing his 'percentage total of personal patch list' up to 75.24% - most impressive. On the other hand, down here in Uber-patch Surrey, my two September additions - Honey Buzzard and Pintail, have limped my comparable score up to 62.44%. The words 'arsed' and 'spanked' spring to mind. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Three months to go, and I hope that my luck will change. Rather than chase everything on offer (there have been chances to add to my score) I have taken the route of 'self-finding' as a more enjoyable way of reaching the destination. I hope that the final three months will see some additions, even if they do not bring about an overhauling of Stewart's score.

Comments

Stewart said…
Good Luck Steve, on my patch I have to self find stuff - there is rarely anyone else here to look! Just how i like it, I would go mad at work 25 miles away thinking people were seeing good birds on my doorstep ( Like Mark Eaton's Sooty Tern this year :( )

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood