Sunday, 22 December 2013

Time for a change

After 33 years of continuous full-time employment I'm now a free agent. So, if you are in need of a freelance graphic designer, art editor or need help with a bird survey, please let me know.

My extra 'free' time will mean a bit more of it being spent in the field, so the pan-listing should benefit, and I might actually find a decent bird locally - it's been a while.

Apart from 'doing the right thing' and being on hand to carry out the domestic chores that need attention, I will endeavour to write and paint my way to competence.

2014 will be very interesting indeed...

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting! All the best with that, Steve. You'll never look back. What subject matter/type of design are you planning to focus on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that pays, Neil. As you know only too well, a half-decent designer should be able to turn their hand to most subjects. I'm handy with InDesign and Photoshop and plan to get better with Illustrator. By the way, I thought the Jeremy Early book that you designed looked very good indeed - and that's not a case of me being a creep, honest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sort of Alan - semi-retired might be more accurate. I hope to pick up freelance work or get a part-time position. I would also like to get involved in 'new' areas. Any tips?

      Delete