Plastic

This morning I went to Holmethorpe Sand Pits, confident that I would add my name to the ever growing list of observers who have found a Wryneck, Lapland Bunting or Glossy Ibis in the UK over the past few days. After being on site for ten minutes I felt as if I had been put into a trance and then awoken in the middle of the wildfowl collection at Arundel. The first pit I looked at contained a Ruddy Duck, 5 Red-crested Pochards and 6 Egyptian Geese. I even digiscoped one (see above). Those of you that were regular visitors to the original North Downs and beyond blog may remember that I got on with digiscoping about as well as a vampire gets on with cloves of garlic. My morning was not without incident, but not incident enough to regale you with. It was all rather average.

This afternoon I went off along the North Downs proper, camera in hand ready to capture marvellous images of the fungi I expected to find. In truth, what I did find were specimens in poor shape that did not want or need their pictures taken.

So, not a good day so far - at least I can rely on Tottenham to lift it with a sound thrashing of Wolves at White Hart Lane. What? We're one-nil down at half-time?
Help...

Comments

Simon Taylor said…
A patch workers dream :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood