Small Mottled Willow


This Small Mottled Willow was a nice surprise in the garden MV last night - well, when I say 'surprise', it wasn't really, as there have been a fair few around this year. A primary migrant, this is my second site record, following on from one trapped on 10th October 1995.

Having just read Billy Dykes latest blog post, he mentions adding Pammene aurita to his garden list. Snap! I did the same last night, and there were six of them. Not so much a case of 'like buses' more a case of my tardiness in looking at micros.

Right, the time is fast approaching for me to get in front of the TV to watch the mighty Spurs take on some small team from the north-west. I'm not all that confident if I'm honest...

Comments

That's a well camouflaged little fellow!
Derek Faulkner said…
............and the small team won, how about that. Even better, we beat the Aussies.
Steve Gale said…
Not an imposing moth, that's for sure Simon.
Stewart said…
Ooh I would like that Steve....
Steve Gale said…
You've got to stand a chance at the moment Stewart. I take it there have been some Northumbrian records this year?
Stewart said…
Yes Tom Tams has had one and a Ni Moth last night, but I'm another 40 miles north of there...Maybe tonight...

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood