New links and next year

The end of year blog tidy is underway. Some of my blog links seem to have been inactive for a length of time that suggests that they are no longer maintained, so they have been removed (and if they are awoken at a later date, please let me know). In their place I have added some fresh blood. Please welcome:

Madcap pan-lister Seth Gibson who has found himself living on a Scottish Island for the winter, and between this, and a possible return to the Isles of Scilly in the summer, will regale us with his search to identify every living thing that he comes across. He has no limits... he has no shame... expect a hairy ride.

I do have a soft spot for the south and south-west English coast, so am happy to welcome the following blogs into the ND&B fold: Birding Exmouth, Axe Birding, Sea & Sky

I will be adding a few more over the coming weeks.

I broke tradition in 2016 and had no firm targets or plans for my natural history time. 2017 will be different. For the first time in over 20 years I'm going to keep a UK year list - don't worry, I'm not going all Uncle Ronnie on you. It will be a sedate affair, mostly SE England based and unlikely to get much beyond 250 species. I am planning on visiting Holmethorpe Sand Pits on a regular basis, and will also make sure that Dungeness and Pulborough Brooks gets some attention. Scotland is botanically calling me, and so too are the downs of Wiltshire and Hampshire (where Wood Tiger, Narrow-bordered Bee-hawk and various Forester species are present). I might even resurrect my PSL effort. Oh, and a UK plant year list (just because). That'll keep me busy. Whatever your plans and hopes for the coming 12 months, may they come to fruition.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Gibster said…
Hahaaa, I've never EVER enjoyed an introduction quite like that! Steve, I hope not to bring your exquisite site into a state of disrepute by association, so please could everyone just overlook my Death blog from a ferw days back. Temporary glitch. All the very best for 2017, Steve. Really must meet up for that pint and another bum pinch eh?
Steve Gale said…
I've retired from bum pinching Seth...
Steve Gale said…
Derek, Sheppey is a distinct possibility
Factor said…
Would definitely welcome your contribution at Holmethorpe next year Steve! Glad to see you have added Axe Birding to your blog list - very good
Steve Gale said…
I've had some great spells of birding at Holmethorpe in the past Neil - about time I came back for a bit!
Unknown said…
Adding Seth's blog to my list and glad I have not been knocked off. Like Skev, my blogability is on the wane but I keep it there in case it wakes up again.
Steve Gale said…
Your big dollop of Devon is always eagerly awaited Andrew!

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood