The magical fallen tree


Another brief foray to Canons Farm, mainly to visit a fallen tree in Owl Meadow that was acting as an ornithological magnet - my first scan with the binoculars revealed single Common Redstart, Whinchat (below) and Spotted Flycatcher (above) - good going for a dry inland site. There was a smattering of migrants nearby, including 3 Wheatear, 2 Willow Warbler and a Lesser Whitethroat.


After several days of feeling under the weather I seem to have turned a corner - maybe, with my powers restored, that lurking rarity is about to be unearthed...

Comments

Marc Heath said…
That's a cracking little list there. Wouldn't mind a few of them here. The rarity is out there somewhere waiting to be found.
Marc Heath said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Gale said…
I can't complain Marc - this site has produced some good birds over the years.

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"