In an English suburban garden


Least Black Arches - not so uncommon in Banstead
Greenbottle - common but better than a Bee-eater close up!
Mid-afternoon and I've been doing what all good men with 2.4 children, a job and a dog do on a sunny weekend - gardening, minor chores, being sensible. When I was in my late teens I swore I would never get sucked into domesticity, but hey....
The MV produced a Least Black Arches, a species that has become commoner over the last few years. I couldn't resist going for a picture of the Greenbottle. They really are stunning up close and underated as one of the wonders of the garden. There's still time for a flyover Red Kite before I pack away my Alan Titchmarsh gardening gloves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I swore I would never get sucked into domesticity, but hey...."

It happens to us all, Steve. I did 3 lots of bedding (washing) yesterday, inbetween my outings. If only the other half knew how to use the washing machine ;-)
Steve Gale said…
I used to get depressed at the sound of a lawnmower - now I use one... not very rock 'n' roll. is it?

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"