Where in the world?


I was looking through some chalk downland images of mine after having read Robert Macfarlane's book The Old Ways, when I came across this old favourite of mine. Can anyone guess where it is? There is a prize, but I will not reveal what it is until it has been won...

Comments

DorsetDipper said…
White Nothe, Dorset?
Gibster said…
The undercliff near Cuckmere Haven?
Anonymous said…
Danes Dyke, Flamboro ? (not exactly chalk downland....but i thought i`d throw it in anyway).
Steve Gale said…
Thanks for the guesses chaps - one of you is spot on. Step forward Seth 'Gibster' Gibson! Your prize is to have my next pan-species tick (that only has a latin name), named after you. I will big it up on this blog so that you can bathe in the limited glory...
Paul Trodd said…
I`ll tell you where it looks like, the beach where Robin Hood lands with the Saracen in Prince of Thieves, just a thought...
Steve Gale said…
I thought that was called Mordor? Oops, wrong film!
Gibster said…
Oh Cool! One request, don't make it a lichen or liverwort?

Actually, second request - can I be present when you find it? Weds/Thus each week I'm usually free!

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"