Few-flowered Garlic

Outside of Headley village church is a dense bank of Few-flowered Garlic. This is now spreading into neighbouring areas, particularly by the small pond that butts up to the church wall. It is quite a sight at the moment and well worth a look if you happen to be passing.




Comments

If I were a mouse or frog I'd be worried about those few flowered triffids!
Derek Faulkner said…
Cor, I bet that pongs a bit if somebody walks on it.
Steve Gale said…
They're smaller than you think Simon!
Steve Gale said…
Derek, there aren't that many smells in nature better than a great bed of Ramsons
Derek Faulkner said…
Not what I'd call a great smell, I've experienced it. All we have on the reserve is Crow Garlic which has a very mild smell compared with that.

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"