Broomrapes and beer


A further meeting of the bloggers took place yesterday evening when I pootled along to Walmer to meet up with Steve 'Kingdowner' Coates. He generously gave me a whistlestop tour of the coast, showing me sites for Sea Pea, Narrow-leaved Ragwort, various Stonecrops and Oxtongue Broomrape (above). This was rounded off with a couple of beers in a Kingsdown pub where we were joined by Nigel Jarman, Kingsdown moth-er supreme. We even managed to kick up a Bright Wave moth. It was a wonderful evening spent in good company in a lovely part of east Kent. Thankyou Steve. And yes, I quite agree with you - you have more than a passing resemblance to George Clooney...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"