Emperor's new clothes

A cousin of my wife phoned yesterday afternoon to say that he had taken a photograph of a rather striking butterfly in his Slinfold, West Sussex, garden. Would I mind taking a look, he wondered? As I waited for the photograph to be emailed to me, I pondered as to what it might be. I knew that he has more than a passing interest in wildlife, so thought that at least a photograph of a Painted Lady may arrive, possibly a hairstreak. I didn't expect this...


Slinfold is a village well endowed with trees, although I do not know exactly how close the nearest colony of Purple Emperor is. All I know is that I would have turned cartwheels had one chosen to alight in my modest suburban plot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood

To tell it like it is, or not...