Ushering in the moth year


The MV went out into the garden last night for its first outing of the year. A hazy cloud cover kept the moon at bay and it was very mild, an overnight low of 7C being suggested. When I inspected the trap it was empty, although sitting on the wall above it, and being the first garden moth of 2012, was this Spring Usher.

I will keep a back garden moth year list for 2012. It will be interesting to compare it to those from 1987-1996 (when I stopped year listing my moths). I'll keep you posted.

2012 GARDEN MOTH TOTAL: 1
(Macro: 1 Micro: 0)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice one, Steve. I`m hoping to connect with one on my patch. Might try a bit of lamping/netting during the week.
Very nice. I have run the trap twice this year but nothing. This inspires me to keep trying.
Steve Gale said…
Dean: I'll be intrigued to find out how you get on

Andrew: Yesterday was blank - the traps out again tonight again, so fingers crossed

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"