Round three

We are now a quarter of the way through the 2019 Surrey v Northumberland patch challenge, and things have slowed down a bit. Only two new species were added during March - Northern Wheatear and Mandarin. April should see a glut of additions as all of the summer migrants pour in, plus the chance of one or two unexpected arrivals. I'm not of a mind to chase down 'ticks' though. A bit of strategic birding is OK, the odd visit to a bird that sticks, but I can do without any panicky twitching to be honest. It's just not fun.

Uber patch Jan-March total: 103 species (48.35% of personal historic total)
Mini über patch Jan-March total: 74 species (56.92% of personal historic total)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"