Nemophora metallica




This is Nemophora metallica, a local species found on chalk downland, that is partial to a spot of loafing on scabious - here they are 'hanging out' on Field Scabious. Most of yesterday morning was spent photographing invertebrates on flower-heads, followed by an afternoon scratching my head as I tried to identify them. Was it a success? For me, yes, as I was able to add seven species to my pan-species list. We just won't mention the many photographs from the session that currently reside in the 'mystery' folder on the computer desktop...

Comments

martinf said…
Metal longhorn moths! They seem to be on every patch of field scabious I look at this year. Obviously having a good year.
Steve Gale said…
It was new for me. I obviously haven’t been looking hard enough Martin!
martinf said…
It was new for me last year. Either I've got my eye in this year or they've suddenly expanded in numbers

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood