A crocodile in Banstead Woods!

A wander through Canons Farm and into Banstead Woods. The birds were thin on the ground, but such 'free' afternoons are something to embrace and enjoy, whether or not our avian friends decide to join in, or not. Having said that, a field full of winter thrushes are never a chore to look at.

If I thought the fields of the farm were quiet, then the woods were deathly. Hardly a twig stirred. It doesn't matter how empty winter woodland can feel, I always get the sensation that I am being watched - not by a person, but by the wood itself. It seems to mull you over, evaluate what you are doing and if you have the woodlands acceptance then you are free to carry on with whatever it is that you are doing.



I spotted this crocodile crouched at the ready, trying to hide in amongst the flattened brambles, dead leaves and bracken. Luckily I had my wits about me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood