Round-leaved Wintergreen


I was taken, blindfolded, to a place on the North Downs that is handily within my uber patch boundaries. On the threat of binocular confiscation I was sworn to secrecy. The picture above is of Round-leaved Wintergreen, a very rare plant in Surrey and local elsewhere in the UK. A return in the summer to see it in flower is on the cards.


Comments

Gibster said…
Never mind those dodgy-looking violets, check out the Rhytidiadelphus triquetrus carpet! ;)
Steve Gale said…
I've put a single leaf picture on the post just in case you thought they were violets Seth - from the overall picture the leaf bases do look a bit heart-shaped and not paddle like. The single leaf shot clears that up. As for the moss, of course I didn't identify it. I need people like you around to do that!

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly going blind by moss

Listing to one side

"I'm going to pick up my binoculars and walk out the front door - I may be some time"