Walk on...

I have an app on my phone that keeps a record of how far I walk each day. Sometimes, if I've been on a particularly lengthy stroll, I'll have a look as see how far my legs have taken me. Today I thought I'd see how far I've travelled on foot in this troublesome year of 2020.

Daily average: 11,744 steps or 7.6km (4.72 miles)

1st Jan - 3 Dec: 3,899,008 steps or 2,523km (1,567 miles)

This year has been very different from most years. My walking has been boosted by the imposition of the lockdowns, meaning that I've shunned the car in preference to using Shank's Pony. This is turn has awoken a desire to explore locally, at times taking me miles from home and on a regular basis. Out of despair can come joy.

I'll leave the last words to Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard:

"Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Everyday, I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood

To tell it like it is, or not...